Keys to finding a great site
Huddle House is the type of restaurant that can work in many markets, and we work with all our franchisees to make sure they have the best possible scenario to do well. We have hundreds of Huddle House restaurants across the country, from suburban areas outside Atlanta, Ga., to small towns like Joshua, Tx.
Huddle House is a flexible concept that can be adapted for most markets. We love small-town, freestanding locations and restaurants located in travel centers off busy interstates. We claim end-caps in strip malls and shopping centers. We often build locations attached to convenience stores, and we can open up in casinos and hotels that need 24-hour locations. Our real estate development experts have developed a list of ideal criteria:
- Lot size for freestanding restaurants is usually a minimum of 25,000 square feet, unless parking can be shared with adjoining lot.
- Minimum lease space of 2,400 square feet is best for joint development in c-stores, truck stops, hotel/motels and shopping center end-cap locations.
- Minimum of 36 parking stalls is desired.
- Good accessibility into location is a must, and two curb cuts are preferred.
- Overall trade area should be growing or stable.
- Minimum population is preferably about 12,000 within a 5-mile radius in rural locations.
- Traffic count is preferably 12,000 minimum at an intersection or on a major highway.
- Interstate locations, if possible, have a minimum traffic count of 24,000, with a small-town population of 7,000 -10,000 within a 3-mile area.
- Preferred maximum traffic speed of 45 mph at site.
- Average travel time to work should be 30 minutes or less.
- Retail support — such as Wal-Mart®, Kmart®, Lowes®, Target®, etc. — ideally will be within one mile of site.
- Proximity to 24-hour retail/wholesale/warehouse/manufacturing may enhance 24-hour operations.
- Ideal household income is between $32,000 and $75,000 per year.
- Unemployment rate is optimally less than 10%.
In addition to the limitless possibilities when it comes to opening new restaurants, Huddle House also offers opportunities to purchase existing franchise or company restaurants and reopen former Huddle House restaurants in various markets.
For more information on these resale or remodel opportunities, please contact our franchise specialist at email@example.com.